The real God

I can't ever believe in the God I once thought I knew. It was a God shaped by my own guilt complexes and conditioning. A God who claimed to offer grace but only gave out impossible rules to follow.

But I am trying to see if a real God is out there. What would that God look like? How would I know if I found Him/Her? What role would that God serve in my life, and what role would I serve in that God's plans.

I really have no answer to these questions right now. But I am keeping myself connected to God seeking communities and staying open.

One of my biggest obstacles is that I am still clinging to resentment and fear. I am fearful of what my "Old God" will do to me for leaving him. I am resentful because of all the harmful ways of thinking I was taught and admittedly self-taught.

If I am going to move forward I need to stop whining about my past. If you see me complaining about how unfair "God" is or how annoying Adventists are on this blog again I want you stop me. I am not saying I don't have some legitimate concerns, but I been wallowing in those concerns for too long.

I want to grow, not complain about what is keeping me from growing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eating SDA Style

Out of the Frying Pan and into the Fire

Dogs Become Street Stoics