For the record, still agnostic, but I might be a reverent agnostic. (ala AJ Jacobs) I went to two Easter services (a Saturday night easter vigil and a Sunday morning service.) They were both at Episcopal churches and I have to say, "Episcopals, I like your style." I know all the reasons Adventists reject such ceremony, but I have to say you loose some of the reverence when you take out the ceremony. (and substitute it with cheesy CCM and 70's style sanctuaries.) I've been thinking about joining a church again. I miss that feeling of being part of a larger community with potlucks, families, music (not CCM) all about me. The last "church" we were apart of was full of really good people and some forward thinking pastors, but it was the whole "Jesus is my Boyfriend" music that I couldn't get into. I feel like the old hymns leave room for some unknowing wonder in their lyrics. I've also noticed that a lot of liberal churches have traditional...
Comments
If you are interested in Theravada Buddhism (as the Oracle has told you you must be!) and you live in Central New Jersey their is a very nice Sri Lankan monk you can learn from. The monastery is actually to a great house in Somerset NJ today from its original home in Piscataway.
(Well that's a lot of info considering you may be living anywhere in the World).
Theruwan Saranai,
Mike
Correction: Monastery is actually MOVING to a great house in Somerset, NJ.
Guess which church I'm a member of now? Unitarian. (Didn't end up there because of the quiz either)