Friendships

This weekend I had a chance to spend time with a lot of friends. Some were my closest friends, some were friends I used to be closer to, some were people I just like to have fun with. Some were people I wish I had more time to develop closer friendships with.

In my mind heaven is heaven because you'd get to spend eternity developing friendships. They say that hell is other people...Well heaven can be other people too. I feel saddened to be expanding the distance between my friends and I. I am glad we are not moving so far away, but it will still be tough to keep the connections. Some friendships I am not worried about. I know they will always be close friendships. Other friendships had barely begun to blossom or were just being rekindled. It will be hard to keep these friendships growing.

I feel sad for the times I didn't make the effort to call people or to get together. It seems you have all the time in the world until you don't.

I feel sad that I am too reserved to break the wall between being buddies and being true kindred spirits. I wish I could share more with other people and let them share more with me. We need each other to make sense of this crazy world.

So, if you are reading this blog please know that I am wishing you the best and hoping that someday we can be closer friends and not be shy to talk, laugh, share, cry, and even get angry together.

Thanks for the times you have been there for me. I appreciate people more than I let them know.

I am getting really sentimental now and am about to cry. I'll miss you. I love you. Even if I have never met you I long for a chance to get to know you.

Okay, crying now...

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love Sara Groves' song Every Minute and think about it when I read things like this.

And I wish all the people I love the most • Could gather in one place • And know each other and love each other well •

• And I wish we could all go camping • And lay beneath the stars • And have nothing to do and stories to tell • We'd sit around the campfire • And we'd make each other laugh remembering when • You're the first one I'm inviting • Always know that you're my friend •

• And at the risk of wearing out my welcome • At the risk of self-discovery • I'll take every moment • And every minute that you'll give me •
Anonymous said…
We will miss you
Rachel Hansen said…
how is the settling in going?

Popular posts from this blog

Eating SDA Style

Dogs Become Street Stoics

Out of the Frying Pan and into the Fire