Ummmmmmm

My blog is a bit mad at me for ignoring it for so long, and it went and collected all kinds spam comments to show me that it's feelings were hurt.  Well, I cleaned up the comments and now I need to go one step further and post something so that my blog can finally forgive me.  (Sorry to Noah, whose last comment was accidentally deleted while I cleaned up spam.)

Sooooooooo....um......life, and meaning, and religion, and er.....stuff.   

I recently finished both War and Peace and Anna Karenina.  Tolstoy got me thinking about a lot of things, but I fear that if I start in posting about what I've learned from Tolstoy that this post will end up the same length as War and Peace.  

I am also reading a book on Unitarian Universalism since I am thinking about joining our local congregation.  I already sing in the choir.  But since I am still making up my mind about the UU I don't have anything clear to say about it.  

I could post about my adorable kindergartners and how they bring meaning to my life everyday.  If enlightenment can be achieved through hugs, wiggle breaks and story time then I must be a bodisatvvah by now.   Plus, with all the tattle tailing, spilled milk containers, and capless markers I've endured I now have the patience of a saint.  But enlightenment through teaching has to be experienced to be understood. I don't think I can do it justice in a blog post.

I could post about the election and it's ramification for religious dialogue in our country but.....nah.

The Mayan Apocalypse?  Better yet, the Zombie Apocalypse.....er

Okay,   I am really struggling to think of something I can write about.  So, instead I will leave you with some options.  

Option 1:  What is a topic you'd like to hear my thoughts on?
Option 2: Throw down the gauntlet....Challenge me to a discussion on something you think we disagree on.
Option 3: Dear Annie...Ask my advise on a pressing issue or problem you are having.  I have plenty of my own problems to work through, but I assure that your problems will be much more fun for me to solve.

Alright my dear and faithful readers, with your help I may be able to get back to blogging regularly. 

In the meantime I will leave you with this pearl of wisdom.

“Pierre was right when he said that one must believe in the possibility of happiness in order to be happy, and I now believe in it. Let the dead bury the dead, but while I'm alive, I must live and be happy.” 



 










Comments

h2ovapor said…
I'm not really in the mood for debate, but I don't want you to feel ignored after going through all the effort you did to clean up your blog & write another post. I have been wondering just out of curiosity what you do with the Jesus question. Did he exist or are the historians liars? If he did exist, was he who he said he was? Or was he a liar? Or was he just mental? I've heard the liar/lunatic/lord argument & I'm sure you have too. The only way I know of that people get out of it is just denying his existence altogether. I was just curious if you had an answer, or you're just undecided on it. Love you.

-Alilia
Ann said…
@Alilia
Thanks for giving my blog some attention. I have the time to write now that the our move is over and I have settled into my job, but it's been hard to decide what to say. I have thoughts, half formed, vauge thoughts, that I feel I should put down in words, but it's hard to find the motivation. Thank you for prompting me to write.

Popular posts from this blog

Eating SDA Style

Dogs Become Street Stoics

Out of the Frying Pan and into the Fire