Wordy Wednesdays

So here goes my first Wordy Wednesday offering.   I am trying to write short stories for kids, but the habit of writing is hard for me.  When I sit down to write I want the skies to open, and a rainbow of inspiration to come.  Yeah, right.  Instead I get paralyzed when nothing brilliant immediately appears.  So, I am hoping by giving myself this Wordy Wednesday challenge, I can at least develop the habit of writing something, even if it doesn't amount to anything.   I still want to blog about spiritual and mental health issues, so I am hoping that will play into this as well. 

  Another challenge to writing is attention span.  (I literally just got distracted checking FB)  I've been meditating and doing yoga on a more regular basis, and that has helped me develop more sustainable emotional health.   It's also helped me to concentrate mindfully but my I still have a ways to go.    I know the internet is a big factor of our collective short attention span.  I am hoping this Wordy Wednesday challenge can utilize the internet to help increase mine.  I'm thinking I can earn bonus points for reading long form writing too.  As my husband knows, I like to assign arbitrary and meaningless points to things.   (You got me a glass of water...10,000 points. )  

I'd love to see Wordy Wednesdays develop into a way for others to improve their political reasoning as well.   We need to move past throwing incindiary facebook  memes at each other and actually wrestle with our societal problems.  It takes a lot more attention span, and discipline to actually write about issues than just share a link or meme.  However, I guess many people are fully capable of writing a four paragraph screed on why their side is write and everyone else is wrong.  Some maybe I am being overly optimistic here.  

Well, feel free to join me in doing Wordy Wednesday challenges, or ignore all together.  If write your own Wordy Wednesday post I'll give you 25,000 points and if you read some long form writing you can give yourself 340.4 points.  I told you I love meaningless point systems.  Hmmmm, there is a children's story in there somewhere.  Kids (and adults) love getting points.  See, now I have fodder for a new Children's story.  Wordy Wednesday bonus points for me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eating SDA Style

Dogs Become Street Stoics

Out of the Frying Pan and into the Fire